Type I & II
The information below includes all permits (Type I and Type II) needed for any residential construction.
- Type I Residential Building and Zoning Permit Package
- Type II Residential Accessory Zoning Permit Online Application If you're constructing any of the following, and would like to apply on line, please use the above application:
- deck (< 30" from grade)
Look over this list of residential information
- Climatic and Geographic Design Criteria
- Demolition Permit Package
- Fence Facts
- Grading Ordinance
- Grading Permit Application
- On-Lot Sewage Permit review, issuance, inspections and enforcement
- Pool Standards
- Property Code Enforcement
If you're planning on building that deck, shed, pool this summer, the Pennsylvania Uniform Construction Code (PAUCC) allows up to 15 working days for review of your residential building plans.
Effective March 1, 2012 all sewer and/or water tap fees must be paid at the time of building permit issuance. If you have any questions please contact Joe Leavens, Manager, Sewer & Water Field Operations at 724-776-4806, ext. 1515.
To receive your Building Permit by mail, please provide a self-addressed envelope with postage, or packaging to accommodate all materials that are to be returned, with your permit payment. Or, with an air bill and the proper payment account numbers, your materials and Permit can be returned to you via FedEx or UPS.
Pennsylvania Consumer Protection Law
Home improvement contractors must be registered and licensed by the Office of the Attorney General. Pennsylvania Home Improvement Consumer Information. Cranberry Township is not involved in the enforcement of the PA Home Improvement Consumer Protection Act 132.